It all began with a lot of sanding…
And then I attached four planks together and two more for the foot. I think you can see how I made it all from the pictures – The two parts are just standing on top of each other and aren’t screwed or anything more together, but it’s all solid. The same holds for the bulbholder and the shade on top of the lamp, as you can see.
I bought a rather cheap lamp shade at IKEA, it doesn’t have a nice color and a nasty texture, but I didn’t really care, because I didn’t wanted to leave the shade as it was, but rather I wanted to cover it with some burlap to give it a look that would fit with the rest! I simply hot glued the burlap onto the shade. I didn’t made a pattern before, because I knew, I would have had to less burlap for that so I just pulled and dragged it like it fitted.
I’m thinking about painting some numbers or similar on to it as well… We’ll see.
And this is the result, which you already know!
I found the tag once in decor-shop and it fall into my hands again when I was working on the lamp. I think it fits to it!
PS. I show my things at these link parties…